Tnee is a charismatic and unique musical artist with a contagious enthusiasm for creativity and spontaneous invention.
His most recent work has been as a creative producer and musical director in A Very Naughty Christmas a piece of independent musical theatre which played to sold-out crowds at the Brisbane Powerhouse in December 2017.
Tnee is Co-Artistic Director of Western-Dyer productions who in September 2017 toured to over 16 regional areas around Western Australia with their critically acclaimed cabaret show Barbara and Barry’s Sweet Sour and Saucy.
In early 2017 Tnee was the Music Director for the Matilda Awards Ceremony (Queensland Theatre Awards) and was Music Director for Seven on Sinatra hosted by the Powerhouse as part of the Queensland Cabaret Festival.
At the end of 2016 Western Dyer Productions toured three of their own productions to over 20 regional centres around Queensland which culminated in co-hosting the Mt Isa Carols by Candlelight to a 2000+ audience. As well as his freelance work Tnee is currently employed at the Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts as a trainer in music and performance.
While in London (end of 2015) Tnee's unique talents were put to use as an artist/compare in the cabaret 'Les Enfants Perdus' for the Canterbury International Arts Festival, as MD/artist/compare for 'Christmas in the Spiegeltent' in Bristol and as MD for a season of 'Oh Lady Be Good' at the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Before leaving Australia, Tnee was awarded a Careers Development Grant from Arts Queensland to study advanced songwriting and production techniques in the London. At the end of 2015 Tnee was musical director for 'Oh Lady be Good' and 'Songs for Sarah Conner' both of which featured in the 2015 Queensland Cabaret Festival.
His unique skills and allure have bestowed him with critical success for his performance of Sweet Sour and Saucy at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with his long-time collaborator and life partner Melissa Western. Building on the success of Sweet Sour and Saucy, the duo were awarded a grant from the Playing Queensland Fund and have since successfully toured their cabaret to over twenty regional towns around Queensland.
He has worked with Opera Australia as an assistant musical director/composer on their production of Yarrabah the Musical. He has also worked as a musical director with WOT Opera (2014), helping to facilitate the rapid creation of student-lead operas. He has a Bachelor of Arts, Advanced Dip of Jazz Performance from the Jazz Music Institue and has attained a Grad Dip in secondary education with distinction at QUT.
He is known for his captivating emotional expression as a virtuosic jazz pianist in solo and group performances around his hometown of Brisbane. Tnee is also frequently commissioned to compose music, his most recent composition, 'Mummy who am I', is featured in a book published by Boolarong Press. He is a respected jazz educator jointly responsible for the highly successful jazz engagement program Talkin’ Jazz from 2006 - 2011. Tnee is a full-time musician/performer working in a variety of rolls from session playing on jazz recordings to fronting covers bands for corporate events.
Graduate Diploma Education Music QUT with Distinction (2010)
Bachelor of Arts Griffith University (2007)
Advanced Diploma of Music Jazz Music Institute (2006)
Musical Improvisation | Piano | Voice | Synthesisers | Composing | Arranging | Looping | Recording | Audio Production (Logic) | Film Production | Teaching (Classroom/Private) | Mentoring | Community Facilitation | Syllabus Design.
- Christmas in the Spiegeltent Bristol 2015
- 'Les Enfants Perdus' Canterbury International Arts 2015
- Lissa and Nee Nee Aus Day Courier Mail Piazza Southbank 2015
- Queensland Tour SSS and L&NN over 20 regional QLD towns 2015
- Sweet Sour and Saucy Woodford Folk Festival 2014
- Lissa and Nee Nee's - Morten Bay Regional Council Library Tour 2014
- Sweet Sour and Saucy Canterbury International Arts 2014
- Music Director - WOT Opera Sydney 2014
- Bobby Brookes Wilson - Little Richard Tribute Twin Towns Gold Coast 2014
- ArTour Showcase Brisbane Judith Wright Centre 2014
- International Women’s Day - MC/Performing Brisbane Town Hall 2014
- Lissa and Nee Nee’s Riverside Adventure Woodford Folk Festival 2013
- Sweet, Sour & Saucy Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2013
- Lissa and Nee Nee’s Riverside Adventure Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2013
- Assistant Music Director - Opera Australia Yarrabah the Musical; Cairns 2013
- The Keapers – Original Compositions Brisbane Jazz Club 2013
- Jesse Green Feat Tnee & Hanlon Brothers Brisbane Jazz Club 2013
- Lissa and Nee Nee Riverside Adventure Powerkids Brisbane Powerhouse 2013
- The Keapers – supporting Vince Jones Gold Coast Arts Centre 2013
- Lissa and Nee Nee / Minx Moxy Woodford Folk Festival 2012
- Baby Loves Music and Movement Out of the Box Festival - QPAC 2012
- Oh Lady be Good UK National Rural Touring Scheme 2012
- Songs from the Heart State Library Queensland 2011
- Ella meets Marilyn Brisbane Jazz Club 2010
- Premier’s Senior’s Christmas Concert Cairns; Brisbane 2010
- Close to You Brisbane Cabaret Festival 2010
- Of War and Love State Library Queensland 2010
- Premier’s Citizenship Ceremony Suncorp Stadium Southbank 2009
- Lush Life Edinburgh Fringe Festival; UKNRTS 2009
- Lord Mayor’s Gala Ball Brisbane Town Hall 2009
- Melissa and Cunning Accompanist Adelaide Fringe; Sydney; Melbourne 2008
- Tim Rodger’s Support Act – Australian Tour Brisbane Jazz Club 2007
- Mischievous Minx Brisbane Cabaret Festival 2006
Vince Jones (Australian Jazz Legend) Master Class at Jazz Music Institute (2011)
David Leiberman (New York Jazz multi-instrumentalist/composer) Master Class at JMI (2010)
Irene Bartlett (Jazz vocalist) Masterclass at the Brisbane Jazz Club (2009)
Darren Percival (Vocal instrumentalist) at the Brisbane Powerhouse (2009)
AaronGoldburg (NY Jazz pianist/composer) Workshop and Masterclass - Allans Music Academy (2008)
Aquinia ‘Queenie’ Van der Zant (Singer/actress) Cabaret Maser class at Powerhouse (2007)
Ingrid James (Jazz singer) private tuition (2007)
John Reeves (Jazz pianist) private tuition (2006)
John Hofman (Jazz trumpet) private tuition (2001)
Neil Favell (Classical French Horn) private tuition (1996-2000)